All That Glitters is NOT Gold

Holiday decorations and trees can be dangerous for you pet. Ribbon, yarns and string can catch the eye of your pet. The shiny tinsel on your tree is very attractive to pets catand if ingested it can cause blockages. Tree needles can be toxic and cause mouth and stomach irritation. Even needles and the wire of artificial trees could pose a problem. Be sure your pet is not chewing on branches or eating fallen needles. If you have a live tree try be careful of the water. The water in the tree stand often harbors potentially harmful bacteria. Fertilizers, insecticides, or flame retardants that were used on the tree may also get into the water. Cover the stand with a tree skirt or use other means to prevent access to the water.


Related Posts